You’ve got a sitter (bless!) and a budget, but it’s been so long since you’ve been out on the town, the two of you are having a hard time deciding what to do on your date night in Atlanta. We’re so glad your Internet search brought you here, because we have some awesome suggestions for activities (we’ll leave dinner up to you)!
Date Night on a Tight Budget
We get it; sometimes you just need to take a break from home life together, even if you don’t have the funds to do anything fancy. That’s okay, because fancy isn’t as important as fun! What do you think of these ideas?
- Enjoy a movie the old-fashioned way at the Starlight Drive-in. New releases are always playing and it’s open seven days a week, all year long. Admission includes two movies.
- For art lovers, the Castleberry Hill 2nd Friday Art Stroll is great for conversation and visual stimulation.
- It’s a bit of a drive, but worth it for a Wine Tasting Tour at Sharp Mountain Vineyards. They also have several events, including live music every Saturday evening.
- Thursday and Friday evenings are free admission at the Fernbank Science Center Observatory (9:00-10:30 PM weather permitting). If you need something to do before that, admission to the Planetarium is reasonable.
- During the summer, enjoy Atlantic Station’s Free Movies in Central Park or these other free movie options around the city.
Date Night with a Little Splurge
If you’ve been saving up or have some room in the budget, then these date night activities are well-worth your hard-earned dollars!
- Laugh it up at the Whole World Improv Theatre. You might even get called on stage to participate.
- For the perfect anniversary date night and unique experience, Decatur Glassblowing offers a glassblowing class for two, with each person taking home at least one piece (saves you on buying anniversary gifts, right?).
- Speaking of classes, why not take dance lessons or cooking classes together and make date night a regular, scheduled outing?
- If you love music, you can choose from a variety of outdoor concerts at Matilda’s Music Under the Pines, watch dueling pianos at Red Sky Tapas, or take in some jazz at The Velvet Note. Or maybe you make a night of it and do all three!
Whatever date night option you choose — even if you mark your calendars months in advance to get them all in — you can come home to a relaxing evening together to unwind in your hot tub, look at the stars, and embed the memories from your evening into your mind. Make time for each other in your busy lives; it’s important.